A great way to enjoy the taste of your organic ingredients is to create your own frozen treats in the comfort of your kitchen. Making home made ice cream is not only an economical activity, but it can be a lot of fun as well. This type of appliance is something that every member of your family can truly enjoy. But if you have never looked at getting a new machine for your kitchen, then you may not know where to start.
We recommend getting a Cuisinart ice cream maker as they are the best selling and best owner rated machines currently on the market. Among the best rated ice cream makers currently on the market, Cuisinart machines tend to be the most popular with users. We have tried a few of them and found them to be extremely easy to operate and the ice cream that they produce is delicious with good consistency.
Cuisinart makes a great line of frozen dessert machines that can accommodate any type of budget. Below we will try to break down some of their more popular models and give the positives and negatives of each.
This is their best selling model primarily for the quality that it offers at such a reasonable price. This machine makes one and a half quarts of ice cream, as well as other frozen treats such as gelato and frozen yogurt. It features a double insulated freezer bowl and one button operation. This model can usually be purchased for around $50.
- Budget Friendly – The ICE 21 delivers exceptional value for the money. For those on a tight budget or if you do not want to spend a lot on a machine that you are not sure that you will use often, this is the maker to get.
- Automatic – Very simple to use. Freeze the bowl, mix the ingredients, push the button and let the machine do the work.
- Quick – Usually only takes 20 to 30 minutes to produce ice cream. Very fast and convenient.
- A Little Noisy – It does come with a heavy duty motor that is used to mix and turn the bowl, however it may be on the noisy side when compared to other models
- Must Freeze Bowl – This unit does not come with its own compressor, so the mixing bowl must be put in the freezer to chill before hand.
- Style – Simplistic design that is not too modern. White color which may seem dated for those who like silver or chrome colored appliances.
Overall this is an excellent ice cream maker for those trying a home machine for the first time. Budget friendly, simple to use, with a large enough capacity for a small family of 1 to 3 people.
Here we step things up with Cuisinart’s top of the line model ice cream maker. What makes this one so special is that it comes with its own compressor. This provides the cooling aspect and you do not have to put the mixing bowl into your freezer for a few hours before use. This feature, however, does add to the over all price of the unit as it usually goes for around $250.
- Compressor – Saves time and makes things more convenient as you can make frozen treats any time you want without waiting for your bowl to get down to the proper temperature in your freezer.
- Two Paddles – This machine also comes with two different mixing paddles. One is designed to make ice cream, while the other is used to make delicious gelato.
- Cool Down Feature – After this unit is done making ice cream, it has a feature that can keep it cool for ten minutes if you are not ready to eat it right away.
- Price – It may be worth it, but the price of the ICE 100 is quite a lot higher than some of Cuisinart’s other models. It is not the most budget friendly choice.
- Size – Since it has its own compressor, this model does take up a little more counter space than their other machines. This may not be ideal for small kitchens with limited counter top real estate.
The ICE-100 is perfect for those who do not want to mess with a freezer bowl and want the convenience of a machine that comes with its own compressor. This unit is very versatile as it can make not only ice cream, but also gelato, frozen yogurt, sorbet and more. If you can afford it then this is a terrific option.
This is Cuisinart’s mid-range model that offers some higher end features than the ICE-21 for those that want to get a little bit more out of their home machine.
- 2 Quart Capacity – Great for those with larger families, this unit is capable of making two quarts of dessert.
- Automatic Operation – This model is very simple to use as you just mix the ingredients, push a button, and let the machine to the rest. No hard labor is involved.
- Stainless Steel – The housing of this ice cream maker is made with brushed stainless steel which is a lot more modern looking that the white color of the ICE-21. It also has a smaller footprint than the ICE-100
- Powerful Motor – The ICE 30BC is capable of turning out batch after batch of frozen ice cream , sorbet, frozen yogurt and more with the same consistency every time.
- No Compressor – This model does not have its own compressor and the mixing bowl must be put into the freezer before using.
- Softer Results – For those that like a harder ice cream consistency, you may have to put the finished product into the freezer for a bit for it to firm up.
The Cuisinart ICE-30BC is a wonderful option for those that would like a step up from their basic model or if you need a machine with a slightly larger capacity. It also has a more stylish design.
Why Choose A Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker?
Because they work, it really is that simple. They offer ice cream lovers the chance to make dessert in their own kitchen without having to break the bank. From classic vanilla ice cream to more decadent creations, these machines offer families the ultimate flexibility. Their line of machines also offer something for everyone, including features and price range.
Cuisinart makes some of the top small kitchen appliances, and part of that reputation has come from their line of ice cream makers. So if you would like to treat yourself or your family to something decadent and indulgent while also making great use of organic fruits and veggies, then getting one of these machines is a great way to put a smile on your loved one’s faces.